CCDV Message Board CCDV Message Board

Go Back   CCDV Message Board > General Discussion > Car Show Pictures and Winners

Notices

Car Show Pictures and Winners Post pictures and list winners of shows.

Post New Thread Reply

Old 07-22-07, 11:24 PM   #21
Bill Burkholder
Web Site Administrator

Bill Burkholder is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Todd... I guess it the Zaino CS that did it. Again I was soooo surprised. My grandson was very impressed... "wow Pop Pop that's cool, can I put it in my room at your house?" He even showed the kids next door. I don't know who was more happy, him or me!!!
98/99/00/01/02 Recording Secretary
2000 Artic White FRC (only 315)

BPP Vortex Ram Air & Power Duct, B&B PRT's, Kirban shifter & cueball, Optima Yellow Top, PIAA1100x Fog/Driving lights, C6 Z0-6 chrome wheels, 265x35x18/305x30x19 Pilot PS-2's , lowered on stock bolts, 2004 Sport Seats, Euro tail lights, "clear corners", ZAINO, 12 Pre Set FM Stations, E-Z Pass, Rain-X

Last edited by Bill Burkholder; 07-22-07 at 11:29 PM.
Bill Burkholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-07, 12:53 AM   #22
old55

My 1st day

This was my 1st CCDV cruise and it looks like I picked a good one Great parking area, location (major roads), good folks with interesting stories and a fabulous mix of cars. I got to finally meet Bill and Glenn, two great Vette guys that I've been talking (typing) with on Corvette Forum. I sent my price of admission in and hope to be a part of this group in the future, when I can (I live in New Jersey.) Here's a quick story. I had done a car show earlier in the day and had been on my feet and in the sun a bit longer than necessary Saturday, So being a bit groggy I just punched "Home" on the navigation when leaving Lowes. Everything was great for the 1st 5 miles or so (top down on the Vert, Little Texas cranked up on the Bose) following the Nav's prompts and thinking "Man, I don't know exactly where I am" but what the hey, it's a nice night for the long way home. WRONG! stupid nav had me and the Vert through what I think is Germantown and North Philly (I missed a couple turns, THAT didn't help) The stop lights gave me many opportunities to converse with some of the local ladies and if I had needed any crack I think I was good in that department too. But all in all a good ride and got home at 10:45PM, a good hour before the Wife gets home from work. Next time I'll stick to the Turnpike and 76. Looking forward to the next event. Ed
Old 07-23-07, 08:50 AM   #23
RichRog
CCDV Club Member

RichRog
Congrats to all the trophy winners and thanks to Don for finding us a larger lot for our cruise nights.

A special thanks should also go out to Paul and Ginny Wydominic who picked-up soda, ice and pretzels and worked non-stop at the table selling them along with 50-50's and raffle car tickets. Thanks Paul and Ginny, your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Great event, thanks to all involved!!
RichRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-07, 09:00 AM   #24
Glennm27

Glennm27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by old55
This was my 1st CCDV cruise and it looks like I picked a good one Great parking area, location (major roads), good folks with interesting stories and a fabulous mix of cars. I got to finally meet Bill and Glenn, two great Vette guys that I've been talking (typing) with on Corvette Forum. I sent my price of admission in and hope to be a part of this group in the future, when I can (I live in New Jersey.) Here's a quick story. I had done a car show earlier in the day and had been on my feet and in the sun a bit longer than necessary Saturday, So being a bit groggy I just punched "Home" on the navigation when leaving Lowes. Everything was great for the 1st 5 miles or so (top down on the Vert, Little Texas cranked up on the Bose) following the Nav's prompts and thinking "Man, I don't know exactly where I am" but what the hey, it's a nice night for the long way home. WRONG! stupid nav had me and the Vert through what I think is Germantown and North Philly (I missed a couple turns, THAT didn't help) The stop lights gave me many opportunities to converse with some of the local ladies and if I had needed any crack I think I was good in that department too. But all in all a good ride and got home at 10:45PM, a good hour before the Wife gets home from work. Next time I'll stick to the Turnpike and 76. Looking forward to the next event. Ed
I was glad you showed up and it was really cool to meet yet another Forum member that I "knew but never met" Happens all the time.
It's also good to hear that you are joining the club. We have other NJ members, mostly notably LLPAVORSKY from Voorhees.

And NOW Ed, if you ever need directions from ANYWHERE to ANYWHERE, contact me and I will get you there.. Remember that....

Welcome to CCDV. We're glad to have you.

------------------------------------
Linda, "You're Forever in my Heart"
Glennm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-07, 09:59 AM   #25
JT-C6
CCDV Club Member

JT-C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
And thanks to all of you who pointed out the screw in my rear tire at the cruise night...

You gotta like the fact that so many people tried to track me down for the 45 minutes I was there with a 3½ year old in tow. I would like to have stayed longer but thats all he could muster and was anxious to get back to his first Corvette ride outing...

I got multiple reports of my "screwed" tire. I will have new tires mounted in the next week.
Old 07-23-07, 10:03 AM   #26
Bill Burkholder
Web Site Administrator

Bill Burkholder is an unknown quantity at this point
Great news Ed... well not your little sightseeing trip but joining our club. It was great to finally meet you, and your car!!
98/99/00/01/02 Recording Secretary
2000 Artic White FRC (only 315)

BPP Vortex Ram Air & Power Duct, B&B PRT's, Kirban shifter & cueball, Optima Yellow Top, PIAA1100x Fog/Driving lights, C6 Z0-6 chrome wheels, 265x35x18/305x30x19 Pilot PS-2's , lowered on stock bolts, 2004 Sport Seats, Euro tail lights, "clear corners", ZAINO, 12 Pre Set FM Stations, E-Z Pass, Rain-X
Bill Burkholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-07, 12:43 PM   #27
Ed Bonk

Ed Bonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Don - I agree with everyone. Great job to you and all your helpers. I talked to more people that night than I did at any cruise night in the past.

I might have some new members from my conversations with them.
CCDV Board of Directors 2003, 04
NCM Member #5829
Ed Bonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply

Tags
ccdv, cruise, lowe, night