CCDV Message Board CCDV Message Board

Go Back   CCDV Message Board > Activities and Events > Past Activities

Past Activities Post pics, give reviews, share stories


Post New Thread Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-16-06, 09:13 AM   #1
RichRog
CCDV Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 863
RichRog
Running for the Ribbons at Bryner Chevrolet

It was rewarding day at Bryner Chevrolet yesterday as my son Kevin had his car NCRS flight judged at Bryner Chevrolet. This judging process is something that you have to see to believe. There are 5 teams of 2 persons each that are all over and under your car like flies on s$$t. Every team spent between 30 and 45 minutes in the categories of mechanical, chassis, exterior, interior and operation. I think that they checked the number of every part in the car including the fuse box cover. It was a long day as we arrived at 6:30 and never left until 5:00 but, a very professional and well run process by the Delaware Valley and New Jersey chapters of NCRS.

Kevin was fortunate enough to earn a Top Flight award for his car. Congrats Kevin, great job!!

Thanks also to Henry, Glenn, Mark, Richey, Don L. & Kevin (War Bonnet) for stopping by and wishing Kevin good luck.
RichRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-06, 09:38 AM   #2
carboman
CCDV Club Member
 
carboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: HV PA
Posts: 4,779
carboman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Rich,

Kevin should be very happy today. A Top flight award is not at all easy to obtain. If the medical profession was as detail oriented with patient care as the NCRS judges are people would live ten years longer.

On a different note and I'm sure you know this already but, your son is an impressive young man. Intelligent, well spoken, polite and a pleasure to talk with. It's a shame these are unusual traits in the next generation. The apple obviously doesn't fall far from the tree.

Best regards,
Mark



Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRog
It was rewarding day at Bryner Chevrolet yesterday as my son Kevin had his car NCRS flight judged at Bryner Chevrolet. This judging process is something that you have to see to believe. There are 5 teams of 2 persons each that are all over and under your car like flies on s$$t. Every team spent between 30 and 45 minutes in the categories of mechanical, chassis, exterior, interior and operation. I think that they checked the number of every part in the car including the fuse box cover. It was a long day as we arrived at 6:30 and never left until 5:00 but, a very professional and well run process by the Delaware Valley and New Jersey chapters of NCRS.

Kevin was fortunate enough to earn a Top Flight award for his car. Congrats Kevin, great job!!

Thanks also to Henry, Glenn, Mark, Richey, Don L. & Kevin (War Bonnet) for stopping by and wishing Kevin good luck.
__________________
Founder and CPO (Chief Pouring Officer) of The Liquid Assets Lounge
Host of Boys Night Out Episodes I-XIII
Celebrating the 21st Amendment
Married to the greatest woman in the world

Last edited by carboman; 10-16-06 at 10:08 AM.
carboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-06, 09:52 AM   #3
Glennm27
Senior Member
 
Glennm27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Southampton, PA
Posts: 6,713
Glennm27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Congratulatiosn Kevin...

Well worth all the effort you and Dad put into the car...

I am very glad to see it all paid off...

__________________
Glenn R Murphy
2008 Victory Red Z06 Sold
2002 Electron Blue Coupe - Gone, but not forgotten

------------------------------------
Linda, "You're Forever in my Heart"
Glennm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-06, 10:12 AM   #4
GoVetteGo
CCDV Club Member
 
GoVetteGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,561
GoVetteGo is an unknown quantity at this point
WAY TO GO KEVIN! You deserve a hugh pat on the back for your accomplishment!
GoVetteGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-06, 01:44 PM   #5
DanS711
CCDV Club Member
 
DanS711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Oreland
Posts: 1,068
DanS711 is an unknown quantity at this point
Congratulations Kevin on your Top Flight Award, not an easy goal to achieve.

DS
__________________
93 Torch Red Coupe, Red Interior, LT1, 6 speed, Hurst Billet Plus Shifter, ZR 1 Style Wheels. 71 Stingray Convertible, War Bonnet Yellow, 4 Speed, 350/270+. Room for one more in the garage!
DanS711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-06, 02:11 PM   #6
Bob Weiss
CCDV Club Member
 
Bob Weiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,813
Bob Weiss is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Rich and Kevin !!

Great Job and Congratulations!!!

Glad to see you are taking great care of my old Vette (Better than I did !! ).

Bob Weiss
__________________
Bob Weiss
CCDV Past Pres.(1993, 94 & 95), Past Board Chairman
CECF President
NCM Founding Member and Past Ambassador
CCDV Life Member
Bob Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-06, 03:05 PM   #7
jim4242
CCDV Club Member
 
jim4242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 734
jim4242 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by carboman
Rich,

Kevin should be very happy today. A Top flight award is not at all easy to obtain. If the medical profession was as detail oriented with patient care as the NCRS judges are people would live ten years longer.

On a different note and I'm sure you know this already but, your son is an impressive young man. Intelligent, well spoken, polite and a pleasure to talk with. It's a shame these are unusual traits in the next generation. The apple obviously doesn't fall far from the tree.

Best regards,
Mark
Everything Mark said: Congrats Kevin, you make your parents proud.

Jim
jim4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-06, 05:09 PM   #8
92RAGTOP
Super Moderator
 
92RAGTOP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 4,115
92RAGTOP is an unknown quantity at this point
congrats Kevin.
92RAGTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-06, 07:32 PM   #9
War Bonnet
CCDV Club Member
 
War Bonnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 203
War Bonnet
It certainly nice to that the CCDV was well represented at our chapter meet! Congratulations to you Kevin on your Top Flight Award, that is one sweet car! I was sure that not all the members were thinking about hot dogs. I Hope that you had fun at the event and learned a few things about your car that you didn't know. Was this the first time you have had the car judged? If so, you should continue on to the next set and take it a regional or national meet. Each seems to teach you a liitle more as they become more rigorous. Then maybe a McLellan award and on even higher. As you said it was a very long day even on the judges who travel in from great distances with hours to drive home after the day on your knees or back. Thanks for being a part of another successful meet! Check out the DelVal web site for updates and pictures of the meet. Good Luck to both of you, Rich and Kevin
__________________
1971 Corvette Coupe War Bonnet Yellow
LS 5 454/365hp 18,000 miles NCRS #43429
NCRS 5 Star Bowtie/Duntov/Benchmark Awards
http://rides.webshots.com/album/570754793mPVcTv


1972 Corvette Coupe War Bonnet Yellow
LT1 350/255hp w/ AC, 49,000 miles
NCRS 5 Star Bowtie/Top Flight/Benchmark Awards
http://rides.webshots.com/album/578104172QvnIXq
War Bonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-06, 09:04 PM   #10
Ed Bonk
Moderator
 
Ed Bonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,782
Ed Bonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Kevin - Congratulations on your award and the hard work you put into the car.
__________________
Ed Bonk
CCDV Chairman of the Board 2013, 14, 15, 16, 17
CCDV President 2005, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12
CCDV Board of Directors 2003, 04
NCM Member #5829
Ed Bonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-06, 05:25 PM   #11
LLPavorsky
Senior Member
 
LLPavorsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Voorhees NJ
Posts: 857
LLPavorsky is an unknown quantity at this point
Way to go Kevin!

Jake and I are proud to have shared our windex (in OCNJ) with a Top Flight award winner. You go Boy!
__________________
2011 Lemans Blue BMW Twin Turbo 335iS Hard top Convertible, DCT Transmission, M Sport, 19" M3 Wheels
2011 Inferno Orange Camaro Convertible 2SS/RS 6.2L:Gone but not for gotten.
2002 Electron Blue Convertible: Gone but not for gotten.
Awards: BEST C5 in Show 2006 Boardwalk Corvettes OCNJ.
ONLY Liquid Assets Detail!
Member "The Liquid Assets Lounge": Jacket #3 "Timex"
Survivor: Boys Night Out V,VI,VII,....XII

Don King has nothing on You baby!
LLPavorsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-06, 02:13 PM   #12
RichRog
CCDV Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 863
RichRog
Thanks all for the congrats and yes, I am very fortunate to have two great kids and a son that also loves cars!!!
RichRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-06, 02:30 PM   #13
hcvone
CCDV Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Huntingdon Valley
Posts: 2,416
hcvone is an unknown quantity at this point
Rich, I believe I met Kevin when he stopped by the house, congrats, he did good.
__________________
Carl V.
**Authorized Zaino Distributor **
**Authorized Amsoil Dealer**

Web Sitehcvind.com
hcvone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-06, 07:32 PM   #14
Ron
CCDV Club Member
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Warminster
Posts: 310
Ron is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Way to go

To be honest I knew absolutely nothing about NCRS and top flight awards until Rich, Kevin and Glenn gave me a lesson during the Northampton Days Car Show weeks ago. To say the least I was amazed at what is involved in that sort of judging.
Congratulations Kevin, well done and very deserving of the award. Your Vette looks great.
__________________
Ron Fortunato

2002 Silver Convertible
Z06 wheels, Toyo tires, Baer d/s Rotors, VaraRam VR-B2 Z06 screens, Breathless carbon fiber power duct, 160stat, throttle body bypass, LG Motorsports Pro long tube headers high flow cats 3" siamese "X" pipe, Corsa Pace Car exhaust pro series tips, lowered on factory bolts, FE4 sway bars, Bilstein sport shocks, Lambo style doors, LED tail lights, low profile rear spoiler, Lots of chrome...
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-06, 07:36 PM   #15
carboman
CCDV Club Member
 
carboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: HV PA
Posts: 4,779
carboman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
To be honest I knew absolutely nothing about NCRS and top flight awards until Rich, Kevin and Glenn gave me a lesson during the Northampton Days Car Show weeks ago. To say the least I was amazed at what is involved in that sort of judging.
Congratulations Kevin, well done and very deserving of the award. Your Vette looks great.
Ron,

Just think, some day 30 years in the future some poor guy will be looking for a set of date code correct door hinges for his silver C5 to replace some aftermarket ones the previouse owner had installed.

The NCRS event at Bryner is special for me because you can see Vettes from way back in a Chevy dealer's showroom just as they would have origionally looked. Kind of like having a time machine.
__________________
Founder and CPO (Chief Pouring Officer) of The Liquid Assets Lounge
Host of Boys Night Out Episodes I-XIII
Celebrating the 21st Amendment
Married to the greatest woman in the world
carboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-06, 07:57 PM   #16
Ron
CCDV Club Member
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Warminster
Posts: 310
Ron is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by carboman
Ron,

Just think, some day 30 years in the future some poor guy will be looking for a set of date code correct door hinges for his silver C5 to replace some aftermarket ones the previouse owner had installed.

The NCRS event at Bryner is special for me because you can see Vettes from way back in a Chevy dealer's showroom just as they would have origionally looked. Kind of like having a time machine.
Come on now... 30 years from now I'm going to restore it to orginal, I still have all the parts. I might be bored with it by then... Who know they might be factory by then.... Yea thats it... I'm just ahead of the times.
__________________
Ron Fortunato

2002 Silver Convertible
Z06 wheels, Toyo tires, Baer d/s Rotors, VaraRam VR-B2 Z06 screens, Breathless carbon fiber power duct, 160stat, throttle body bypass, LG Motorsports Pro long tube headers high flow cats 3" siamese "X" pipe, Corsa Pace Car exhaust pro series tips, lowered on factory bolts, FE4 sway bars, Bilstein sport shocks, Lambo style doors, LED tail lights, low profile rear spoiler, Lots of chrome...
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-06, 07:56 PM   #17
krrogers
CCDV Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richboro PA
Posts: 2
krrogers is on a distinguished road
I just wanted to say thanks for all the support at NCRS and all of the kind words. I am already looking forward to the regionals in Edison NJ next spring and hope to get another Top Flight Award there.

Thanks Again
Kev
__________________
1989 Corvette Convertible
12k miles - 6 Speed
All Original
NCRS Top Flight Award - October 2006
krrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-06, 04:56 AM   #18
David Bresler
CCDV Club Member
 
David Bresler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 542
David Bresler is an unknown quantity at this point
Ron...I've said it before: "Didn't your car come with those doors?" hahaha Congrats Kevin!
__________________
2002 Millenium Yellow Coupe, Lambo doors, GHL exhaust, Chromed and painted engine, Ground effects, Spoiler, Custom interior, LED's and strobes everwhere. Survivor-Boys Night Out-X. Cavitybuster!
David Bresler is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply

Tags
bryner, chevrolet, ribbons, running


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.