CCDV Message Board CCDV Message Board

Go Back   CCDV Message Board > Activities and Events > Racing

Post New Thread Reply

Old 08-19-06, 10:48 PM   #1
Tony B.96LT4
CCDV Club Member

Tony B.96LT4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Results from ETown Aug 19th

Ed Quinn, Bill Ehret and his grandson Jason met Rose and I at Bennnigans for the early session today. Hooking up with us on the TP was Jim Kazman, a Corvette Challenge racer and running against Devon for Rookie of the Year. Joining us at ETown were Ellis, Jim and Devon Bole and Devons GF Liz and Rob Farley. I was running both the GM EFI and the US Musclecar races. I had the good fortune to get byes in both events when I was the odd man. Sometimes it pays to be slow. Second round in each didn't go so good. I lost to Ellis in the US Drags but got a personal best in the '06. A 13.06 on a 13.30 dial is sure loser but a PB is always good to get. Ellis went on to the finals in that series. Rob went on to win in the Radial Tire class 2. Way to go guys! In the second round of the EFI race Radial Tire class 1, I forgot to downshift into first so when I launched it took a nose dive. What a way to go out. I ran a 15 something on that lose. Team CCDV grew for the late session when Joe Signore, Jerry Muniz, Cliff Bray and Mike Campbell joined in. I was getting lots of seat time by running both the Challenge and Real Street. Real Street was running first and I was knocked out by a very good, young driver who cut a perfect light, .000. He broke out by .009 but I broke out by a greater amount. Win goes to the young guy. In the Challenge I had to run against Neil V. Neil had dialed in his dad's car at 13.41 and I dialed in at 13.30. He left first, I caught him at mid track and kept a fender on him. Finally, a good win at the top end!! Waiting for second round to begin the clouds rolled in an it started to rain. After a delay the track decided to shut down. Anyone that made it in to the second round got a voucher for $20.00. The race was official. OK racers, your turn!
Old 08-20-06, 12:04 AM   #2
fuzzyfine

fuzzyfine
Great seeing all of you today. Sorry you got rained out.
Tony, you look great. Very glad everything work out well

Will be racing with you on September 2nd
fuzzyfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-06, 09:41 AM   #3
boogieman

boogieman
Nice to be back @ RP today

Great to see everyone again.......well the transmission appears to be fine. As I made my first pass, it shifted with no problems running NA. Car ran low 12.0s. We only got 2 times shots today, I need to learn how to dial this car in again. For the elimination run I decided to dial the car in @ 11.99 after running two 12.0s. I decided that I would spray on this run also...thus the reason for an 11.66 breakout. On this run I should have gotten an award for the slowest reaction time as I fell asleep at the light .619 ????. See you guys in a couple of weeks

Thanks to Julio and Dave @ Cartek for getting my ECU and TCM problems straightened.
boogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-06, 10:33 AM   #4
jim4242
CCDV Club Member

jim4242 is an unknown quantity at this point
It was great to see Tony in action looking better than ever with lots of smiles and enthusiasm. Devon an I ran both am and pm secessions. Devon was having some line lock problems but other than that, both our cars were running pretty consistent. Both of us were having a horrible time on the timing lights. Needless to say neither of us pulled a win for the day. Time to get a new strategy on the lights, by trying to get better I keep trying new things and have got my timing totally screwed up. My lights were so bad you may have thought there was a Serta mattress on the staging line. It was still a fun day, sorry to hear you guys got rained out. See you all at the next CC.
jim4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-06, 11:04 AM   #5
YO-EL
CCDV Club Member

YO-EL is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea, gotta second Jim about you Tony..
You looked sharp in the C6 but ran into some tough ones for sure..
Great race taking out Neil Verminelli...!

I lost in the US Muscle Finals... Opponent ran dead on, I broke out by .009
11.661 on a 11.67 dial.. His MOV on the race was .001...
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2...23006c946d.htm
Congrats to Rob on hi$ win in GM EFI..
Cute kid too...!

Last edited by YO-EL; 08-20-06 at 11:13 AM.
YO-EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-06, 12:11 PM   #6
Al Betz
CCDV Club Member

Al Betz
Great job everyone and congrats Tony for getting the feel of the 06.

Someday I may make an event again.

See you all then.
Al Betz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-06, 04:43 PM   #7
YO-EL
CCDV Club Member

YO-EL is an unknown quantity at this point
Al..
A bunch of guys were asking for you..
Panuzzo, Farley, Dave Tortolani, Edgar, Ralph...
They miss you....
I told them you were out of town, right?
YO-EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-06, 05:11 PM   #8
C5pilot
CCDV Club Member

C5pilot is an unknown quantity at this point
I was given a win in round one via red light. I felt like I lucked out when there was no round two because I was struggling. The new DR's made a world of difference. Thanks to Ellis for hooking me up (pun intended).

Jerry, glad your car held up this week. Congrats to all the round winners and finalists from the AM session. Neil, sorry you couldn't compete but it was great seeing you there. Nice seeing Mike C too for a change. Hope to see Al soon. Jim, Devon & Liz, Rob, Tony & Rose and everyone else, a pleasure as always.

2007 3LT Z51 VR Coupe, Kooks Headers, Vararam, Ported Intake & TB, TBS,
NPP Exhaust, Oil Catch Can, 160*Stat, B&M Trans Cooler, Z06 Rear Guards
Best 1/4 ET: 11.87 @ 120.02
1998 Conv. - Car used in the filming of "Mr Deeds". SOLD
C5pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-06, 10:02 PM   #9
kazman
CCDV Club Member

kazman is on a distinguished road
I had a stellar day. I lost first round in both events. Couldn't make my dial on both runs. In the EFI, I staged too far (6") to the right. Just a tad out of the grove and lost .04 on my 60' which carried to .06 on the top end. MOV loss was .0218. Had the tree by .021 and gave it up on the top end. I refocused on the first time shot in the CC and picked it back up, duplication my good 60'. First round of the CC my opponent cut a bad light and I was a little worst (.001) but my car couldn't run the number. MOV loss of .0106. The air was a little better but I was .03 slower than the time shot. My 60' was on but the car slowed going down the track. Playing back the run in my head I think the shifts are getting sloppy. The lost time is durning the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. I had the same thing happen at the Grove 2 weeks ago (not running the number). I'm going to schedule a tranny flush and new filter. Looked for 1/2 an hour trying to locate the trans dipstick. Yea I'm a newbe. No trans dipstick in a C5.

I want to thank whoever did the rain dance. Lucky for me my first round loss won't be a killer since the race only went one round.

Devon, nice work on refocusing in round 3 of the EFI race. The anouncer said your light was 150% better over round 2. Its only a bad light when the win light doesn't come on.

Mr Farley, you make it look so easy just rolling over the competiton. I'm going to paint my wheels yellow so I can win some rounds.

'99 Corvette Conv. Red / White Top
Stock except for a RapidMortorSports tune
LS1 A4 3.15 street car SOLD
kazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-06, 04:09 AM   #10
devon7272

devon7272
I see how it is Al, first you put the line lock in the '93, then i don't see you for months, i hear you're workin hard??? Anyway, great job El, Mr. Farley, and Tony too, Rosie knows best enough said... I suffered from a rare form of "Rookieism," made a large mistake in the Corvette Challenge, however my linelock and myself (not to mention Pops) will be ready on the second of September. Thanks to all from Liz and myself -Devon
devon7272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-06, 05:55 PM   #11
FINEST-RACING

FINEST-RACING
Quote:
Originally Posted by devon7272
I see how it is Al, first you put the line lock in the '93, then i don't see you for months, i hear you're workin hard??? Anyway, great job El, Mr. Farley, and Tony too, Rosie knows best enough said... I suffered from a rare form of "Rookieism," made a large mistake in the Corvette Challenge, however my linelock and myself (not to mention Pops) will be ready on the second of September. Thanks to all from Liz and myself -Devon
MR. FARLEY!!?? What!!?? Its FARLEY, ROB FARLEY....
FINEST-RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply

Tags
19th, aug, etown, results