CCDV Message Board CCDV Message Board

Go Back   CCDV Message Board > Corvette Discussion > Product/Service Recommendations

Notices

Product/Service Recommendations requests and post recommendations on products, service providers, dealers, etc.

Post New Thread Reply

Old 08-24-04, 08:52 PM   #1
YO-EL
CCDV Club Member

YO-EL is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up C5 Service? One name, one place... STEVE SPENCER at BRYNER CHEVROLET

I know we all know how great Steve is, but I gotta make a post for anyone having a problem or contemplating where to go for service or warranty work on their C5...

Without question, Steve Spencer at Bryner Chevrolet, is THE MAN when it comes down to C5's...

Steve has the EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL ABILITY to properly diagnose & fix most any problem!!!

Being at the dealer also provides him a wealth of resources & parts as well as the latest test & diagnostic equipment.

If you really want THE best tech working on your car, or IF you have had problems that continue to arise where other shops or techs can't seem to remedy, then Steve Spencer is the man for you!

I am making this post because I again was totally blown away at Steve's expertise & professionalism while working on my car...

Anyone got a question? He takes phone calls too.
215-886-3140
Need to make an appt?
Call the BEST service writer & service manager Steve Fisher to get your appt with Steve Spencer.....

Got a question for me about Steve?
Please feel free to email me, indypace78@aol.com
YO-EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-04, 09:16 PM   #2
Glennm27

Glennm27 is an unknown quantity at this point
I can only echo every word Ellis said above. Coincidentally Steve Spencer has my C5 as I write this. I spent some time with Steve yesterday at his bench while he worked on my C5 and was absolutely floored by his expertise.
I had the car in for two minor things, Steering Column recall and the car was throwing an 0410 code.
Well, Steve found a few other things and repaired them too. The other things Steve found I had no clue about BUT he showed me the faulty parts. I know there is no other tech anywhere that would have found these things or even thought to look for them.

I know what some might think............... sure he'll find other things to run my bill up.
Ain't that way. Everything he found was fixed under warranty and everything he found was legit, no matter who was paying the tab.

Steve Spencer is at the top of the class as far as Corvette Techs are concerned and Steve is at the top of his game.
He's the best, no 2 ways about it.

Glenn

------------------------------------
Linda, "You're Forever in my Heart"
Glennm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-04, 09:27 PM   #3
YO-EL
CCDV Club Member

Thats right Glenn...

Steve doesn't care weather its warranty work (where its less of a pay scale), or a COD job...

His concern is that the PROBLEM IS FIXED!

His position is based on his COMPETANCE to DO THE JOB PROPERLY, and let me tell everyone reading this, that is Steve's priority, DOING IT RIGHT!!!

You want to get your car fixed?
You worried about who is gonna work on it?
You take it to Steve Spencer at Bryner Chevrolet....

Enough said. Done deal!!!
Old 08-24-04, 10:59 PM   #4
Tony B.96LT4
CCDV Club Member

Tony B.96LT4 is an unknown quantity at this point
You guys are going to give Steve a Big Head. Besides being an ACE mechanic he is a nice guy and always takes the time to explain what is going on with your car. If there is something I don't want to tackle on my car he is the one of the few in our area who I trust. Better order a bigger hat Steve.
Old 08-24-04, 11:01 PM   #5
Al Betz
CCDV Club Member

Al Betz
What they said.
Al Betz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-04, 09:30 AM   #6
Richy
CCDV Club Member

Richy is an unknown quantity at this point
Never too late to chime in with my praise & respect for Steve.I can't imagine owning a C5 in an area that doesn't have someone
with his expertise,knowledge,and willingness to help out.All the
dealer service,outside tuner nightmares that people relate on the
forum are not a problem for us.When Steve was out last year for several months with a street hockey related knee injury,we all
held our breath that our cars would not need any work during
that period.
'02 blown torch red Z06 (538 rwhp)
'99 torch red hardtop
Richy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-04, 02:20 PM   #7
Bill Burkholder
Web Site Administrator

Bill Burkholder is an unknown quantity at this point
After reading so many negatives about service on the Forum we should consider ourselves extremely lucky to have two pleasant and knowledgeable people looking after our cars and ourselves. Both Steves' are the best ... I can't imagine having to go some where else for service... Bryner is the BEST!!!!
98/99/00/01/02 Recording Secretary
2000 Artic White FRC (only 315)

BPP Vortex Ram Air & Power Duct, B&B PRT's, Kirban shifter & cueball, Optima Yellow Top, PIAA1100x Fog/Driving lights, C6 Z0-6 chrome wheels, 265x35x18/305x30x19 Pilot PS-2's , lowered on stock bolts, 2004 Sport Seats, Euro tail lights, "clear corners", ZAINO, 12 Pre Set FM Stations, E-Z Pass, Rain-X
Bill Burkholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-04, 03:21 PM   #8
Norm Clemmer
CCDV Club Member

Norm Clemmer
My dealer has been good to me, but I shudder everytime I take my car to the dealer because they don't service a lot of vettes.

I like what I am hearing about this Briner but I didn't buy my car from them am wondering if that makes any difference in their attitude?
Norm Clemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-04, 03:58 PM   #9
Glennm27

Glennm27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Norm Clemmer
..............................I like what I am hearing about this Briner but I didn't buy my car from them am wondering if that makes any difference in their attitude?
That makes no difference at all Norm. I didn't buy mine there either and they treat me great with courtesy and top notch service every time I'm there.

A Dealers Service Department does not care if you bought the car at their shop or not. The measly $$ they make on selling a car is chump change in comparision. It's the service that keeps those dealers going and brings in the big $$.
A dealer is happy as hell when you bring your car to them, no matter where you bought it.

That is an old myth that people think they can't take their cars to any dealer except where they bought it.

Take it to Bryner next time.
............and as Ellis would say "Trust me on this one "

------------------------------------
Linda, "You're Forever in my Heart"
Glennm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-05, 10:44 AM   #10
aerovette
CCDV Club Member

aerovette is an unknown quantity at this point
I TOO HAVE RECENTLY SWITCHED TO BRYNER FOR SERVICE AND DID NOT PURCHASE MY VEHICLE THERE. STEVE SPENCER IS NOT ONLY A GREAT TECH BUT IS ALSO AN EXTREMELY NICE PERSON. IT IS A PLEASURE TO DEAL WITH A TRUE PROFESSIONAL WHEN IT COMES TO MY VETTE. NO MATTER WHAT I ASKED HIM, HE SEEMED TO KNOW THE ANSWER WITHOUT SECOND GUESSING HIMSELF. I LEFT THERE COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH THE SERVICE AND TECHNICIAN. THIS IS SOMETHING I WAS NOT USED TO.
aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-05, 01:11 PM   #11
YO-EL
CCDV Club Member

Get used to it............
Post New Thread Reply

Tags
bryner, chevrolet, place, service, spencer, steve