CCDV Message Board CCDV Message Board

Go Back   CCDV Message Board > Corvette Discussion > Product/Service Recommendations

Product/Service Recommendations requests and post recommendations on products, service providers, dealers, etc.

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-09-16, 08:02 PM   #1
OUTLAW

OUTLAW is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down clear coatings

I'm probably going to hurt some feelings here but i am used to that. Clear protection on the front of your car, in my experience is a waste of money. I have owned many special cars in my life and I will never use this type of product. All it did for me was create re sale issues. Let me understand that you are talking about the clear plastic that covers your front end right?

My advise and I have been buying and selling special cars all my life, leave it alone. Protect your car as best you can with different waxes and compounds.
Those clear protections as I see it, dull the paint and any car guy can see it quickly.

PS
I wont buy a car with this product on the front end and don't even mention bra's to me. I think they are old school and hideous.

Leave your Vette alone
Old 11-10-16, 08:08 AM   #2
hcvone
CCDV Club Member

hcvone is an unknown quantity at this point
If the clear plastic is installed correctly you can take it off and NO ONE will ever know any protection was on the car, I have done this on my last 15 cars/SUV's, and I know Llumar (manufacturer) specs Zaino Z-2 to use before their paint protection in applied to prevent yellowing or dulling, I have done it with and without, and had the protection on one Escalade for 4 years, there is a adhesive remover just for the glue left after clear plastic removal that works like magic, then clay and apply your favorite wax product. No wax or sealant will stop stone chips like clear plastic, be nice if it worked that way

Web Sitehcvind.com
hcvone is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply

Tags
clear, coatings