CCDV Message Board CCDV Message Board

Go Back   CCDV Message Board > General Discussion > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss and make suggestions on issues (non CCDV related).

Post New Thread Reply

Old 05-15-06, 05:55 PM   #1
92RAGTOP
Super Moderator

92RAGTOP is an unknown quantity at this point
Info needed

I am gathering prices and info for the club's Holiday Party in December. I am talking to the folks at 'The Joseph Ambler Inn' on Horsham road in North Wales. Can anyone give me a review on the place? good or bad?

If you have a favorite place let me know. We are looking to upscale and will need a place that can accomogate 150 .
92RAGTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-06, 06:04 PM   #2
Bill Burkholder
Web Site Administrator

Bill Burkholder is an unknown quantity at this point
Contact Pete Carroll, I think he knows the place .
98/99/00/01/02 Recording Secretary
2000 Artic White FRC (only 315)

BPP Vortex Ram Air & Power Duct, B&B PRT's, Kirban shifter & cueball, Optima Yellow Top, PIAA1100x Fog/Driving lights, C6 Z0-6 chrome wheels, 265x35x18/305x30x19 Pilot PS-2's , lowered on stock bolts, 2004 Sport Seats, Euro tail lights, "clear corners", ZAINO, 12 Pre Set FM Stations, E-Z Pass, Rain-X
Bill Burkholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-06, 06:38 PM   #3
jim4242
CCDV Club Member

jim4242 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have been there twice but it has been awhile. Awesome place good food excellant service, nice atmosphere, however, I did not see the banquet facilities. The place is quite large and impressive, definitely above average. Call me sometime and we can discuss it further.

Jim
jim4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-06, 06:57 PM   #4
92RAGTOP
Super Moderator

they told me they can accomodate 150 if we don't need a dance floor 135 if we do.
Old 05-15-06, 07:14 PM   #5
jim4242
CCDV Club Member

Don,

What are we basing the 150 count on. is it the historical count of the last couple of years? If it is we may find renewed interest if there was a move to upscale and the price was not too excessive. There were those last year that would have liked to go but were, frankly, tired of the same old location and mostly the "atmosphere". I know for a fact that there were members who said they would go if the location changed. Naturally it would have to be centrally located as best as possible for the fact that more and more people are sensitive to driving long distance after drinking. This may be another one of those items where we come up with two or three options and put it out to the membership as to how many would likely attend. Figuring on a facility that only can hold 150 or 135 with dancing may or may not be feasible.

Jim
Old 05-15-06, 07:32 PM   #6
jim4242
CCDV Club Member

Country Clubs are sometimes a good options. I have been to Christmas Parties at Trenton Country Club, Yardley country Club and I have seen the facility at Langhorne Country Club. South Hampton Country has a large banquet room, I don't recall how many they can seat but these places have their own catering or on site kitchen with good reputations. Possibly some members have access to these facilities.
I would not discount the German club where we are having our meetings, possibly they do a great job of decorating and would be acceptable at a decent price.
Just rambling on giving suggestions.

Jim
Old 05-15-06, 07:59 PM   #7
92RAGTOP
Super Moderator

After calling around I have discovered that if we want 150 or less we can find a nice upscale restaurant. At 150 or more we are looking at a hall similar to the VFW with some exceptions. If we don't loose our shirts at the Cavalcade the club may be able to kick in some $$$ to help defray the cost but it will still cost members a per person charge still undetermined. The VE club is booked but I will call them again to see if anyone has cancelled.
To complicate things we obviously can't get a headcount until Oct, Nov. However the restaurants are starting to book now. We will need to pick a number and go from there. So far I have not seen 150 people show up for anything. Two years ago we had a free picnic at Tony and Rose's and we got 125 people.
PS: we will still need to hire a DJ.
Old 05-15-06, 08:33 PM   #8
jim4242
CCDV Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92RAGTOP
To complicate things we obviously can't get a headcount until Oct, Nov. However the restaurants are starting to book now. We will need to pick a number and go from there. So far I have not seen 150 people show up for anything. Two years ago we had a free picnic at Tony and Rose's and we got 125 people.
PS: we will still need to hire a DJ.
You are correct, there is no way you can wait till the fall, it just won't work.
Just a question, based on history, which is the only thing we have to go on why not just set the limit to what is available at the right price, shooting for 150 persons. On the surface it appears that if you have 150 tickets available we should be relatively safe and leaves us the opportunity to look into booking.on the other hand if you reserve a place with the intention of 150 and only come up with 100 what is the liability.
Does anyone know what the attendance number was at last years party? I was there but I have no idea how many actually were there.

Jim
Old 05-15-06, 08:43 PM   #9
92RAGTOP
Super Moderator

That is my thought, I'm shooting for 150 cap. Once we crunch the numbers we will come up with a pp charge and start selling seats in the fall. I just need to make sure the place we pick charge us per plate just in case we come up short.
Old 05-15-06, 08:56 PM   #10
jim4242
CCDV Club Member

Sounds like a plan, so we are back your first post, you need suggestions on places like restaurants, inns, country clubs etc. in a central location. I cannot help much because I don't know the area but as I said before there must be some golfers or some other members that belong to clubs similar to the VE club.

Jim
Old 05-15-06, 09:53 PM   #11
Ed Bonk

Ed Bonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Don - When I hosted the party for five years (1999 - 2003) the most I had was 150 but that was when we had the party on Sunday afternoon and a lot of people brought children because of Santa Claus.

I believe we had 80 to 90 the last two years and it was at night.

Your probably safe using a 100 to 120 number if we change locations.

Thanks,
CCDV Board of Directors 2003, 04
NCM Member #5829
Ed Bonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-06, 07:51 AM   #12
PETE CARROLL
CCDV Club Member

PETE CARROLL is an unknown quantity at this point
The Joseph Ambler Inn caters to smaller groups.If we are staying with a central location,try these
Spring Mill CC
Blair Mill Inn
Holiday Inn Ft Washington
Joseph's Catering
Warrington CC
Talamore @ Oak Terrace CC
LuLu CC
North Hills CC
Village Caterers

Pete
PETE CARROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-06, 12:00 PM   #13
pro69

WOW, I didn't even make it on any of those suggestions!!

Don, I have told you before that I would be happy to host the roving breakfast, but to no avail, no one has contacted me about this. Now on to the xmas party, I can bet that I will be less expensive than any of the places that Pete has suggested, as well as, bringing some business to a "junior" member of the club (since only my dad is a member, I call myself a junior member). For those of you who do not know who I am, I am Jack Lutz's son Brian. I own Marjeane Caterers in Lansdale. My facility can handle ANY of the numbers you mentioned with a full dance floor, bar, etc. I can also make a suggestion to a VERY good DJ that will take very good care of the club.

If you would like me to crunch some numbers for you, let me know. Also, I would suggest that whoever is in charge, if you have not seen my place recently, stop by.
Old 05-16-06, 03:37 PM   #14
C5pilot
CCDV Club Member

C5pilot is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd make myself availible to check out Brian's place since I live in Lansdale. I don't think the Joseph Ambler Inn will work. It's very nice but most of the rooms are small and it's on the pricey side. Talamore has a large reception room and a smaller room. I'm not sure what we're looking to spend but it can be very reasonable for an upscale club. Jim Carnahan is the contact there.
C5pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-06, 04:04 PM   #15
My First Vette
CCDV Club Member

My First Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92RAGTOP
I am gathering prices and info for the club's Holiday Party in December. I am talking to the folks at 'The Joseph Ambler Inn' on Horsham road in North Wales. Can anyone give me a review on the place? good or bad?

If you have a favorite place let me know. We are looking to upscale and will need a place that can accomogate 150 .
Don,
I been there a few times. A nice place & a little expensive. I was there about 2 -3 years ago for Christmas. Great atmosphere! Food was pretty good, however, I think it was better about 5 -7 years ago.
Walt Boyko
My First Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-06, 04:37 PM   #16
pro69

c5 call me at 215-855-3510. We can set up a convenient time for you to stop by.

Also, Don, is there a budget per person that you are looking to stay within?? If you want, PM me with what exactly you are looking to do, that way I can provide to correct information and pricing.
Old 05-16-06, 06:14 PM   #17
Rick and Arleen Ball
CCDV Club Member

Rick and Arleen Ball
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro69
c5 call me at 215-855-3510. We can set up a convenient time for you to stop by.

Also, Don, is there a budget per person that you are looking to stay within?? If you want, PM me with what exactly you are looking to do, that way I can provide to correct information and pricing.
Don,
It doesn't get much better than that!
Rick and Arleen Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-06, 03:53 PM   #18
Debbie Trayes
CCDV Club Member

Debbie Trayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Don, Dennis & I are in Hatfield and close to Marjeane Caterers also, along with C5 Pilot. If you need a second or third opinion let us know.
I also coordinated our Holiday Party for many years with approximately 150 in attendance. I realize the attendance has decreased the past few years. Maybe with some new changes we can work on bringing more members out.
Old 05-19-06, 07:29 AM   #19
92RAGTOP
Super Moderator

Thank you for your offer Brian. I will contact you to arrange a visit. We have heard club members say they would like to see the holiday party be up scaled, away from the hall atmosphere and to a fine restaurant. Personally I think this would be nice. A good indication of this is our roving breakfasts the biggest turnouts are always at the nicer restaurants; Wm Penn Inn for instance was a huge success.
There are a number of places we are considering and have not made a commitment as of 5/19/06.
Old 05-19-06, 10:26 AM   #20
pro69

I am trying to plan on being at the cruise on Saturday, so if you want, just find me and maybe we can "chat" a little bit
Post New Thread Reply

Tags
info, needed