CCDV Message Board CCDV Message Board

Go Back   CCDV Message Board > Corvette Discussion > Tech Talk Ask "Slapshot" > C5 Specific Tech Talk

C5 Specific Tech Talk 1997 - 2004

Post New Thread Reply

Old 03-01-13, 10:04 PM   #1
Washingtonapple

Washingtonapple is on a distinguished road
Pop up headlight does not always open.

This is my first corvette, and i recently purchased it in August so I do not have much experience with it yet. I have not been able to drive it in February but i decided to start it up today. The battery was dead and I had to jump start it. The battery was put in new when I bout it. I got it to run and when I went to turn on the lights they turned on but did not open. I opened them manually and turned the switch to off and they went down with out a problem or any noise. Then I tried to open them up againwith the switch and they worked. So I let the car run for a bit and decided to try it again and they would not go up. So i Kept trying and every now and they they would function fine.

I dont know what could be thee problem and would appreciate any and all input on this matter. I am wondering if it has something to do with the battery being dead for a bit or if i need to start replacing modules or motors..

Thank you in advance for your help.

99 convertible.
Washingtonapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 07:19 PM   #2
vilant
CCDV Club Member

vilant is on a distinguished road
I personally would only jump start in an emergency. You should keep a battery tender on your car while it is stored or not being used. My battery recently died and I posted a poll in another vette forum. Most keep a battery tender on it, some disconnect the negative. I went out and bought a charger(tender coming soon, as I bought the charger before I posted the poll)and fully recharged mine. Jumping starting it will not fully charge the battery. Fully charge the battery and if they still won't come up it will be either a fuse or the headlight motor/gears.
vilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 07:24 PM   #3
vilant
CCDV Club Member

vilant is on a distinguished road
Whoops, didn't realize this was a duplicate post.
vilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply

Tags
headlight, headlights, open, pop