CCDV Message Board CCDV Message Board

Go Back   CCDV Message Board > General Discussion > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss and make suggestions on issues (non CCDV related).

Post New Thread Reply

Old 10-17-07, 01:23 PM   #1
Mike Campbell
CCDV Club Member

Mike Campbell is an unknown quantity at this point
A little help to the Marines in Iraq

Just for every body's information, even though I was an Army puke, a local lady has been sending books and other items to the Marines in Iraq. Her son, who was stationed there & has just got out to go to college here in the states. However, with his advice, she is still sending items to the troops over there. Since Nancy & I promised her that not only would we supply her with items to send, I also asked her if she wanted me to post this on our CCDV website. I did tell her this was a big club and very generous. She can use any help, especially monetary to cover postage, to send packages to the Marines in the Anbar province in Iraq. I told her that I didn't know what kind of response our club would give, but, I did tell her we would respond. Here's her web site. WWW.MOM4MARINES.ORG
Come on guys, go for it!
Mike Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 01:52 PM   #2
92RAGTOP
Super Moderator

92RAGTOP is an unknown quantity at this point
Mike that website noworky are you sure its not www.moms4marines.com
92RAGTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 03:27 PM   #3
Mike Campbell
CCDV Club Member

Nope Don, it's not plural. I just checked it out and have rec'd several e mails from her. Let's see if our club can help her out too! Try this one :
plewis@mom4marines.org That'll work.
Old 10-17-07, 03:33 PM   #4
JT-C6
CCDV Club Member

JT-C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
That's an email address...Are you posting a web link or an email address?
Old 10-19-07, 01:57 PM   #5
Mike Campbell
CCDV Club Member

The web site was the first post. The second is an e mail address. Also, you can go on Channel 6 ABC's web site & find out all about this lady & her effort. I would assume, however, that out of over 550 members in our club somebody other than just me has some used books to send to our Marines in Iraq. They don't have much else to do in their spare time when they're not getting shot at or blown to bits.
Old 10-19-07, 05:59 PM   #6
Glennm27

Glennm27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mark (carboman) and his daughter Kelsey just had a HUGE Support the Troops event last month that drew close to a hundred Corvettes and their owners, collected over 1000lbs of various items that were sent to our soldiers and cost over $800 to ship.

After all we ALL did (ALL = everyone that came and brought donations and that worked to make it all happen) that day, days leading up to it and days after I don't think your statement below is very fair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Campbell
......................................... I would assume, however, that out of over 550 members in our club somebody other than just me has some used books to send to our Marines in Iraq. ............................................
YOU are not the only one that cares about these guys. We had hundereds of CCDV people show they cared, some with their cars filled with goods. Some came directly from stores where they shopped for things especially for the soldiers. One man in a Silver Z06, had his car stuffed with so much for the men, he had to leave his wife home, there was no room in the car for her. HE was a Vietnam Vet and had a very special place in his heart for the soldiers. We ALL did, and worked hard as hell and showed we cared.

Maybe you somehow missed seeing that event here on CCDV.......

Check out this post from AFTER the event....
http://www.ccdv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4664
Glennm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-07, 07:34 PM   #7
carboman
CCDV Club Member

carboman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Glenn,

Well put! Total shipped was 47 boxes including those we shipped before during and after the event. My back still hurts from carting it over to be shipped.

Thanks,
Mark
Married to the greatest woman in the world
carboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-07, 08:59 AM   #8
Mike Campbell
CCDV Club Member

Well guys,that was very commendable. I know because I also donated a substantial amount to your cause as well. Tony & Rose brought over our contributions. But here's a news flash! It's never enough! Not for all these kids doing their duty. This lady was only asking for used books. If you don't want to give anything, that's your prerogative.
Old 10-21-07, 11:33 AM   #9
Silver O Six

Mike, I don't want to get in the middle here but this charity stuff can easily get in the way of good friendships. We are all brothers and sisters here. In my view, all good folk. We are all on the same page with the troop situation and Mark, Kelsey Glenn and did a hell of a job as I am sure you are with yours. I will be looking for books to support your thing and I'll bet the people mentioned above will to.

Lets continue to support those overseas as they support us with their lives. But....at the same time maintain our ties so that support to the troops is even stronger.

I hope you take this as I mean it, and that is in with a positive way.

Your CCDV brother! Todd
Old 10-21-07, 08:20 PM   #10
DanS711
CCDV Club Member

DanS711 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver O Six
Mike, I don't want to get in the middle here but this charity stuff can easily get in the way of good friendships. We are all brothers and sisters here. In my view, all good folk. We are all on the same page with the troop situation and Mark, Kelsey Glenn and did a hell of a job as I am sure you are with yours. I will be looking for books to support your thing and I'll bet the people mentioned above will to.

Lets continue to support those overseas as they support us with their lives. But....at the same time maintain our ties so that support to the troops is even stronger.

I hope you take this as I mean it, and that is in with a positive way.

Your CCDV brother! Todd
Couldn't have said it better Todd, you are right on point. We all want to do the right thing and support our troops who are fighting to preserve our way of life and the things we value as a country. I supported the effort that Kelsey, Mark and Glenn put forth, even though I was away on business and could not attend the actual event. My wife and I send care packages almost every week to our daughter who is serving on a Navy Carrier somewhere in the Middle East, and Mike I applaud your effort to support our troops as well. As Todd points out we all need to stand together.

DS

Last edited by DanS711; 10-22-07 at 09:13 PM.
DanS711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-07, 01:26 PM   #11
Mike Campbell
CCDV Club Member

Look guys, I don't know why some people get their "nightie all in a knot" over the things they do. I have no problem with this at all. As I said in the beginning, was that this lady is just looking for some used books to send and/or some contributions towards postage to our Marines in Iraq. Don't contact me, contact her! When I get ostracized for posting something on the message board of the Corvette Club, that I belong to, because of some unknown reason it ruffles somebody's ego, well, too darn bad. Plus, there seems to be a tendency of some folks that like to hijack or bully others on their threads. I however meant no offense. I'm just trying to do a lady and our Marines a favor. Is that too hard to take? Let's just let this be.
Old 10-22-07, 04:15 PM   #12
LLPavorsky

LLPavorsky is an unknown quantity at this point
Yo Mike, while you are on the subject of books........

I would highly recommend you read Dale Carnegie's "How to win friends and influence people".
Awards: BEST C5 in Show 2006 Boardwalk Corvettes OCNJ.
ONLY Liquid Assets Detail!
Member "The Liquid Assets Lounge": Jacket #3 "Timex"
Survivor: Boys Night Out V,VI,VII,....XII

Don King has nothing on You baby!

Last edited by LLPavorsky; 10-22-07 at 04:36 PM.
LLPavorsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-07, 05:50 PM   #13
carboman
CCDV Club Member

carboman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLPavorsky
I would highly recommend you read Dale Carnegie's "How to win friends and influence people".
I'll bet that with over 550 members in CCDV someone can loan him a copy.

But seriously, I'll go through the house and see if I can come up with a box of books to send over.
Married to the greatest woman in the world
carboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply

Tags
iraq, marines