CCDV Message Board CCDV Message Board

Go Back   CCDV Message Board > General Discussion > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss and make suggestions on issues (non CCDV related).

Post New Thread Reply

Old 08-12-08, 11:26 AM   #21
Glennm27

Glennm27 is an unknown quantity at this point
You don't want to mention who screwed you because it would be unprofessional??? Please... What sense does that make. Was it professional for them to screw you??

By not saying, you are doing the guy that screwed you a favor and leaving their door open to other unsuspecting customers..

I guess in your eyes, I would be unprofessional because if I were in your shoes, I'd be posting their name in type size 7 and BOLD.

"Screw me, and I will be sure to pay you back.. " THAT's my motto...

------------------------------------
Linda, "You're Forever in my Heart"
Glennm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 11:50 AM   #22
George C
CCDV Club Member

George C is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy

Hi Jean
I am very sorry to hear about your horrible experience. As it has been mentioned, the best place to go in the area is Bryner's. Steve is by far one of the best mechanics I have ever known and dealt with. I agree that some type of rating system should be allowed weather the business advertises or not. You are correct, we should be looking out for each other.
I also agree with Glenn's Motto!!!!
in BOLD

* 2008 Indy Pace Car Coupe *
JACK 4 ME
* 2004 Spiral Grey Coupe *
JD AND 7
Found a new loving home
and will be missed!!!

George C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 12:23 PM   #23
Joel Fellman
Club Historian

Joel Fellman is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink

Jean:
Keep in mind that it's only your bad personal experience. Others may like the work done there & swear by them!?! Besides, there's at least 3 shops that advertise in the Gas Cap so I also think you should mention the shop by name.
Joel
Joel Fellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 01:05 PM   #24
RichRog
CCDV Club Member

RichRog
Only one shop has a full page ad!!
RichRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 09:13 PM   #25
Jean1113
CCDV Club Member

Jean1113
Yes, I did identify who the shop was, if you look there is only one with a full page ad just like Torch Red Ryder and RichRog were able to identify the shop I think others could figure it out to. And I did so without being unprofessional......knock your socks off if you wish to put it in BOLD NUMBER 7 FONT ....people have sent me PM's and I told them, not a problem.....so I'm doing so with professionalism. Perhaps I should be more like others who can be so BOLD, unfortunately I'm not so, but ask and I'll tell you how it is.

I like I said, should this not be brought up at a meeting?

Last edited by Jean1113; 08-12-08 at 09:17 PM. Reason: forgot to add a thought
Jean1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 09:27 PM   #26
Glennm27

Glennm27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean1113 View Post
Yes, I did identify who the shop was, if you look there is only one with a full page ad just like Torch Red Ryder and RichRog were able to identify the shop I think others could figure it out to. And I did so without being unprofessional......knock your socks off if you wish to put it in BOLD NUMBER 7 FONT ....people have sent me PM's and I told them, not a problem.....so I'm doing so with professionalism. Perhaps I should be more like others who can be so BOLD, unfortunately I'm not so, but ask and I'll tell you how it is.

I like I said, should this not be brought up at a meeting?
Good for you.

Nice you can get ripped off, yet have to have people hunt as you hint who screwed you.....

Not everyone reads the gascap and many who do don't look at the ads, me for one.

It really does not matter to me one bit. I know where to take my car and where not and have known for many years.

If you want to keep it a secret, and just give your little hints, you're just making the guy who screwed you out of $$$ happy by not throwing him under the bus he belongs under.

Professional? What ever are you talking about?

You'll learn, someday........
Glennm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 09:37 PM   #27
carboman
CCDV Club Member

carboman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Are we talking about the same shop who's advertisement in the gas cap says they are Corvette experts up to model year 2004? Maybe someone needs to tell them GM didn't stop making Corvettes at the end of the C5 run.

Why go anywhere but Dr. Spencer for troubleshooting a problem with your Corvette? And we get a 10% discount too!
Married to the greatest woman in the world

Last edited by carboman; 08-12-08 at 09:40 PM.
carboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 11:00 PM   #28
Jean1113
CCDV Club Member

Jean1113
Yes Mark you are absolutely right.......perhaps part of the problem is the shop knows so much about VETTE's in only those years. Maybe they are such experts they cease to realize Corvette's are still in production and it's now 2008 going on 2009.
Old 08-14-08, 01:09 PM   #29
SLAPSHOT
CCDV Club Member

SLAPSHOT is on a distinguished road
hard starting

Knowing what was done already I would ohm each injector,they should read around 15 to 18 ohms if any read in single digits, 5.3,4.2 etc when it gets hot they could drop below 1.2 ohms and short out the quad drivers in ecm causing no start until it cools and drivers reset.
SLAPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-08, 10:22 PM   #30
Jean1113
CCDV Club Member

Jean1113
So are you saying to test them when they are hot?
Old 08-15-08, 02:30 PM   #31
SLAPSHOT
CCDV Club Member

SLAPSHOT is on a distinguished road
injectors

Check them any time if they ohm out in single digits, ex 5.2 ohms 8.1 ohms I wouldn't waste my time flow checking just replace all 8 injectors due to the time required to do one.
SLAPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 08:34 PM   #32
EMERALD CITY

EMERALD CITY is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Back to the first part of the problem again - following up my earlier post, I finally got time to deal with this, and wanted to let you know the outcome. I bought a complete rebuilt Bosch Fuel Injector Kit w/ 3 year warranty from Fuel Injector Connection. (Fuelinjectorconnection.com) Owner Joe Banner was very helpful and provides his personal cell phone # to call if there are any problems. Cost was $199.95. I had my local shop check out the car and put the injectors in. They also found carbon in the throttle body and cleaned that. Total bill for labor was $325.00

Bottom line is problem has totally cleared up. Car is running great. No starting problems, or stumbling. seems to be running better than it has for a long time.
EMERALD CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-08, 05:09 PM   #33
RTornatd
CCDV Club Member

RTornatd is an unknown quantity at this point
Jean
Before you take your car anywhere call Jim Stukley At County Corvettes in West Chester (610 696 7888)

I had problems with my 84 that the sponsor & Bryner could not figure out, they where both wrong on their diagnostics. They are good on the C5's & C6's but I think they just guess on the older models.

County had my car for about a week and they called before replacing anything. My 84 now runs better than ever.
Good Luck Ron Tornari
RTornatd is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply