CCDV Message Board CCDV Message Board

Go Back   CCDV Message Board > Activities and Events > Upcoming Activities & Events

Upcoming Activities & Events Make plans with your friends

Post New Thread Reply

Old 07-10-03, 11:13 AM   #1
STEVEN LONG

ICE CREAM RUN; Lancaster County, August 3rd

Greco's ICE CREAM RUN (Lancaster County)
SUNDAY, August 3rd
(Mapquest: 49 N. Broad Street, Lititz, PA, 17543)

Members from Lancaster County Corvette Club (www.LCCCpa.com) have asked us to join them in their own back yard!

Meet at Wendy's parking lot (Willow Grove, across the street from VFW meeting post) between 2:00 and 2:15 ... for departure by 2:30PM. We will take the PA Turnpike, exiting at Exit #21 (e-mail SDLong329@aol.com if you wish to meet up with us near Valley Forge). Another few miles on an Interstate, then we hit the back roads for another 5-10 miles, before we get to Greco's for Homemade Italian Ice and Homemade Ice Cream.

We will be meeting with members of LCCC. We will have the ENTIRE PARKING LOT for our Corvettes, so feel free to bring a lawn chair for a mini show-n-shine, or, rest and relax at the picnic tables!

Fuel is about $0.15 - $0.20 per gallon cheaper in Lancaster County. Start out with 1/4 - 1/2 tank ... fill up in Lancaster, and the event will nearly pay for itself in gasoline savings alone!

This is a fair weather event only. Please e-mail Steve Long at SDLong329@aol.com if you will be attending ... we can stop by Stoudt's Brewery for dinner, or, perhaps the Reading Outlets (either individually, or as a group) as interested. In case of questionable weather ... call 215-362-9219 for information.
Old 07-10-03, 01:47 PM   #2
RichRog
CCDV Club Member

RichRog
Steve,

I will be in Lancaster that weekend with my Corvette, so I will get directions from the Lancaster Airport and meet the club in Grecos parking lot. What time do you expect to arrive at there?

Rich
RichRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-03, 03:22 PM   #3
STEVEN LONG

We plan on rolling into the parking lot near 4:00PM (+/- 15 minutes). Greco's is in the back of the parking lot. When you are in Lititz Boro ... just look for Wilbur Chocolate ... it's an ICON!

FWIW - I just heard from LCCC. They had their meeting last night (Wednesday). They have 15+/- cars I think scheduled to attend at this event. They will be bringing lawn chairs, and holding an impromptu Show-N-Shine. Our club is almost three times the size of theirs ... I'd like CCDV to show up with a larger contingent than LCCC.

See ya there!
Old 07-10-03, 03:45 PM   #4
Glennm27

Glennm27 is an unknown quantity at this point
I might come along on that one! Would be cool if we out numbered them!

------------------------------------
Linda, "You're Forever in my Heart"
Glennm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-03, 03:58 PM   #5
STEVEN LONG

<<Cool if we outnumbered them>>

Old 07-15-03, 06:32 AM   #6
RichRog
CCDV Club Member

RichRog
Glenn,

I hope we can have the Cavalcade C5 winner with "how many coats of Zaino" join us for the Lancaster run.
Old 07-17-03, 09:11 PM   #7
STEVEN LONG

Updates:

1) So that we properly prepare for the event, please post if you plan on attending.

2) Stoudt's Corvette (Reading, PA) is holding a show earlier in the day (10-2, I think). Greco's will try to drop off flyers ... to attract a few extra cars to our event.
Old 07-18-03, 06:18 AM   #8
RichRog
CCDV Club Member

RichRog
Steve,

Count me in!

Rich
Old 07-30-03, 12:37 PM   #9
STEVEN LONG

Lancaster County Corvette Club advises that they have 20 CORVETTES signed up for this Sunday's Ice Cream run. This could turn out to be a fairly nice Corvette event! A nice ride .... nice cars ... and great ice cream & Italian Ice!

Will CCDV outshine LCCC with QUANTITY, QUALITY ... or BOTH?

Hope to see you-all there. Please call me at 215-362-9219 with any questions or concerns ... as my computer is temporarily down.
Old 08-01-03, 07:49 AM   #10
RichRog
CCDV Club Member

RichRog
Steve Longs computer is down and he wanted me to post a reminder regarding the Ice Cream Run this Sunday, August 3rd leaving Wendys at 2:15. The trip is about one hour and fifteen minutes each way and there will also be about 20 members of the Lancaster County Corvette Club attending. Please post if you plan to attend and I will get the information to Steve.

Rich
Old 08-02-03, 01:49 AM   #11
Rons66

Rons66
Hey Guys I've got a wiper moter problem but if there's no rain hitest49 and I will be there
Rons66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-03, 02:30 PM   #12
C5pilot
CCDV Club Member

C5pilot is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anyone tell us if this event was a go, or did it get rained out? Details please... Thanks
C5pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-03, 03:14 PM   #13
RichRog
CCDV Club Member

RichRog
The ice cream run took place with 4 members of our club. There was also about 25 members of the Lancaster County Corvette Club there as well. It was a nice ride to Grecos in Litiz with delicious home made ice cream and water ice. We had a great time talking with Jim their President and numerous other Lancaster Club members. The weather turned against us for the trip home and we also had to deal with an 18 mile back-up on the Turnpike because of a 6 vehicle pile-up.

Hopefully, the next time Steve organizes this event, more members will want to join us.
Old 08-05-03, 03:21 PM   #14
STEVEN LONG

I stayed at Greco's for a bit longer that the other CCDV members (and missed the excitement on the Turnpike). The weather turned out to be nicest (sunny, no rain) after about 5:30PM.

LCCC had a great group of people ... with cars in attendance ranging from a red/white '58 to an few 03's, and a nice mixture in between. LCCC would like to join us for one of our upcoming activities. I will notify Joe when I hear more from LCCC.

Thanks to all who attended! I too would hope for more attendance! This is a nice drive, with a nice treat at the end of the run!
Post New Thread Reply

Tags
3rd, august, county, cream, ice, lancaster, run