CCDV Message Board CCDV Message Board

Go Back   CCDV Message Board > Activities and Events > Upcoming Activities & Events

Upcoming Activities & Events Make plans with your friends

Post New Thread Reply

Old 04-05-18, 10:44 AM   #1
Tony B.96LT4
CCDV Club Member

Tony B.96LT4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Croydon Memorial Day Parade

Rose & I , along with Barb and Angelo, Chris and Candy and a few others have participated in this parade in the past. It is a wonderful event that is well received by the families of Croydon and really embodies the meaning of Memorial Day. Rose received this email from Dawn Vansant, the president of the parade committee. Please take time to read this email and consider joining in on the event:

The Croydon Memorial Day Parade is hosted by the Joseph A Schumacher VFW Post 1597 in Croydon Pa, Bucks County. We have a portion of our parade called "Vets in Vettes" founded by a recently deceased cancer victim and Veteran, Steve Gill of Levittown Pa. This programs allows our older and/or disabled veterans to ride as a passenger in the corvette in STYLE, Hence the "VETS IN VETTES" title. This program has been a heaven send for some of our veterans who stopped participating in the procession because they are physically unable to march the 1 mile procession or climb up on to our transportation trailer.

This past year, 2017 we had a very small presence of this program due to Steve's passing and not having his contacts on file. His wife Debra Gill did eventually find Rose's contact information, unfortunately a little to late as your group understandably had prior commitments.

It would mean a world of love to Steve's Family and our VFW Post Veterans if we could continue this program with a proud and impressive group of Vettes to give this program the life it longs for.

Please consider spending some time with us this Memorial Day, our parade is spectacular and we have a beautiful memorial ceremony followed by a free picnic to all participants.

Thanks for your consideration,

Dawn Van Sant, parade president
Old 04-10-18, 05:09 AM   #2
Candy&Chris Merlino
CCDV Club Member

Candy&Chris Merlino is on a distinguished road
I have it marked on my calendar - just waiting for the details. Might be me driving instead of Chris - but always look forward to being part of this parade and attending the memorial service that follows. -Candy
Candy&Chris Merlino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-18, 02:15 PM   #3
Tony B.96LT4
CCDV Club Member

*****Croydon Parade Update*****

Info for members doing this parade.

Here is the address for the VFW. We should arrive there by 10:45 as the line up starts at 11:00 and we don’t want to be separated like we were the year before. John & Rose. Chris & Candy and Barb and Angelo are going to meet us there.

Warminster is shutting down the intersection of York Rd and Street Road at 9:00 am and all 4 lanes of Street Road down to Lewis Drive at the Warminster VFW. Rose and I will leave the parking lot at the Wawa on the corner of Davisville and Countyline Road (near the VE club) at 10 a.m. sharp. Please keep the road closures in mind if you are trying to meet us. If you prefer you can go directly to the VFW in Croydon by entering the address below in your GPS Please give us a call if you are planning to make it 267-246 9254. Or email us with your contact information so we can touch base with you.

If there is rain, They advised they will wait until 10:00 am to call it off that day so we want to have a way to contact all attendees…. Cell phone #s would be great! Send info: to anthonyb1311@gmail.com

Joseph A. Schumacher VFW Post 1597
901 Bellview Ave, Croydon PA. 19021
Old 05-23-18, 06:20 AM   #4
Den Matlack
CCDV Club Member

Den Matlack is an unknown quantity at this point
will be there going to meet John indicado at his house and head over
Den Matlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-18, 08:44 AM   #5
ghoffius
CCDV Club Member

ghoffius is on a distinguished road
Jerry Hoffius has every intention of meeting you at the wawa by 10am sharp. If you need to reach me, you may contact me at 267-467-9902, although I should be there before they call it off...unless it's raining steady.
ghoffius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-18, 01:16 PM   #6
Tony B.96LT4
CCDV Club Member

Just got a notice that the VFW would like to have us there by 10:15. Anyone going please adjust your leave time accordingly. Rose and I will be leaving at 9:30. Guess they want to get the parade in before the rain if it's going to rain.
Old 05-26-18, 04:05 PM   #7
Candy&Chris Merlino
CCDV Club Member

Candy&Chris Merlino is on a distinguished road
The address is actually:

Joseph A. Schumacher VFW Post 1597
901 Bellevue Ave, Croydon, PA 19021

See you there!

-Chris and Candy
Candy&Chris Merlino is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply

Tags