Go Back   CCDV Message Board > Corvette Discussion > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing Discuss products, methods and tips

Post New Thread Reply

Old 12-16-04, 03:29 AM   #1
hcvone
CCDV Club Member

hcvone is an unknown quantity at this point
Zaino Show Car Polish Introduces Z-2 PRO Show Car Polish

Howell, NJ (November 10, 2004): Zaino Show Car Polish ("Zaino"), a leading manufacturer of the world's most advanced car care products announced the release of Z-2 PRO Show Care Polish. Named as the successor to the very popular Z-2 Show Car Polish, Z-2 PRO boasts many new improvements over its predecessor.

"We're extremely proud of Z-2 PRO," said Sal Zaino, president and founder of Zaino Show Car Polishes. "Z-2 PRO represents the very best of both worlds - stunning optical qualities and long lasting durability and protection from the elements. It's quite an amazing product."

Z-2 PRO has been in development for more than 12 months and has been undergone extensive and rigorous testing, revision and refinement. Z-2 PRO will provide the highest amount of shine and gloss possible, while providing unparalleled durability and protection from the elements and environmental fallout. According to Zaino, Z-2 PRO should provide at least 6 months of protection in most operating conditions.

Z-2 PRO achieves this amazing durability through the use of highly specialized polymeric ingredients, many of which are unique to Z-2 PRO. These unique ingredients are responsible for Zaino's legendary durability, including the signature Zaino water beads. Water beading is one of the best methods for determining the level of protection afforded by a protectant, and Zaino's beading is legendary. According to Sal Zaino, "Z-2 PRO beads like nothing you've ever seen. We're seeing the tightest, deepest water beads ever, and they're going months without any change."

Z-2 PRO also boasts improved optical qualities over its predecessor. Z-2 PRO was designed to deliver maximum levels of shine, gloss, clarity, reflectivity, depth and optical detail. With 99.9% optical clarity, Z-2 PRO won't distort or detract from the look of a vehicle. Instead, it will enhance a vehicles' finish by bringing out the qualities and characteristics of the finish. "You'll see your paint the way it was meant to be seen, with no oily residue or muted shine," says Sal Zaino.

Zaino has also improved the user experience with Z-2 PRO. According to Sal Zaino, "Z-2 PRO is easier to work with than previous versions of Z-2. When used with ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator, Z-2 PRO is as easy to use as wipe on, wait a few minutes and wipe off." Z-2 PRO eliminates the need for heavy rubbing and leaves no dust or residue. Z-2 PRO will not stain plastic trim or rubber pieces, and that translates into less work for the user.

Web Sitehcvind.com
hcvone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-04, 05:02 AM   #2
YO-EL
CCDV Club Member

YO-EL is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats next, a cure for the common cold..

He hypes this soooooo much, it makes you think the "old" Z2 stunk........

I mean, talk about shoveling it on..... geez,,,,,,,,,,,!
YO-EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-04, 05:27 AM   #3
Bill Burkholder
Web Site Administrator

Bill Burkholder is an unknown quantity at this point
If the cost is less than ZFX and Z- 2 it will be a winner!!!! I've done cars that have been detailed 2 times at a dealer and the customer wasn't satisfied and brought his car to me. 3-M Finesse-it II with a random orbit buffer...3 coats of Z-5 and Two of Z-2 ( both with ZFX) and the finish was fixed. CUSTOMER VERY HAPPY.The same customer picked up his new 2005 and it was dropped off the next day for a "Zaino job". I know that some have used other polish and waxes and are very happy but I think I'll stick to ZAINO. And El, it does cure depression, boredom, and Sal said that next year he will have Z-29 which will cure the common cold....
98/99/00/01/02 Recording Secretary
2000 Artic White FRC (only 315)

BPP Vortex Ram Air & Power Duct, B&B PRT's, Kirban shifter & cueball, Optima Yellow Top, PIAA1100x Fog/Driving lights, C6 Z0-6 chrome wheels, 265x35x18/305x30x19 Pilot PS-2's , lowered on stock bolts, 2004 Sport Seats, Euro tail lights, "clear corners", ZAINO, 12 Pre Set FM Stations, E-Z Pass, Rain-X
Bill Burkholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-04, 06:24 AM   #4
hcvone
CCDV Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by YO-EL
Whats next, a cure for the common cold..

He hypes this soooooo much, it makes you think the "old" Z2 stunk........

I mean, talk about shoveling it on..... geez,,,,,,,,,,,!

Does it say that the old Z-2 stinks? Of couse not. Most wax manufacturers sit back and do nothing to improve thier products, Sal is always improving his, makes it easy to sell. There is still nothing out there that will outlast Zaino, and that was even before the Z-2 Pro, wait until you see what's next.

Web Sitehcvind.com
Old 12-16-04, 06:27 AM   #5
hcvone
CCDV Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Burkholder
If the cost is less than ZFX and Z- 2 it will be a winner!!!! I've done cars that have been detailed 2 times at a dealer and the customer wasn't satisfied and brought his car to me. 3-M Finesse-it II with a random orbit buffer...3 coats of Z-5 and Two of Z-2 ( both with ZFX) and the finish was fixed. CUSTOMER VERY HAPPY.The same customer picked up his new 2005 and it was dropped off the next day for a "Zaino job". I know that some have used other polish and waxes and are very happy but I think I'll stick to ZAINO. And El, it does cure depression, boredom, and Sal said that next year he will have Z-29 which will cure the common cold....
Bill, this is a replacement for Z-2, it was good before, in fact very good, but not even close to the Z-2 Pro, checkout Autopia and see what they said, and they don't even like Zaino because the owner of that site does not sell Zaino. I had some for you when you called a few weeks ago but you did not call back We have been shipping the new Z-2 for about 6 weeks now.

Web Sitehcvind.com
Old 12-16-04, 06:57 AM   #6
YO-EL
CCDV Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hcvone

Does it say that the old Z-2 stinks?
No, it doesn't outwardly say that, but to me, the way he infers that it totally blows away the former Z2, it makes you think how much more could the "greatest product ever" be that much vastly improved?

Either his new & improved space age ploymers are a worldly technical optical breakthru, or, the former Z2 had alot of improving left.

It sounds like the latter...

BTW, where is my free sample trial w/ ZFX so I can see for myself, just how incredibly amazing my freshly Z2'ed car is gonna look???

I'd like to "see" how much "better" it is.........
Old 12-16-04, 07:38 AM   #7
Mike Campbell
CCDV Club Member

Mike Campbell is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I for one am almost out of Z2 & am very willing to try out the new stuff Carl. And, everytime you guys improve a product, that's great!
Mike Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-04, 07:50 AM   #8
YO-EL
CCDV Club Member

Mike..

Let me try a few inches of it in a zfx bottle...

Anytime something is "so vastly improved", it tells me either there was an incredible technological breakthru, or the product itself had a lot of room for improvement....

Don't get me wrong, I like Zaino, Z2, & do use it....
I was just never "blown away" by it like most people say they are...

I also have used other products, (OMG!), which I did feel went on & off easier, with just as much or dare I say better results..

I don't care about longevity, so no one chime in on that, as my car is a stored, weekend driver..

I do hope to be blown away by the new Z2 PRO!

If I am, wait till you hear me sing its praises..

BTW, Carl, have YOU used it yet??
If so, what is YOUR opinion of it??

If not, get me a sample!!!
Thanks buddy!!
Old 12-16-04, 08:43 AM   #9
hcvone
CCDV Club Member

Quote:
Mike..

Let me try a few inches of it in a zfx bottle...

Anytime something is "so vastly improved", it tells me either there was an incredible technological breakthru, or the product itself had a lot of room for improvement....

Don't get me wrong, I like Zaino, Z2, & do use it....
I was just never "blown away" by it like most people say they are...

I also have used other products, (OMG!), which I did feel went on & off easier, with just as much or dare I say better results..

I don't care about longevity, so no one chime in on that, as my car is a stored, weekend driver..

I do hope to be blown away by the new Z2 PRO!

If I am, wait till you hear me sing its praises..

BTW, Carl, have YOU used it yet??
If so, what is YOUR opinion of it??

If not, get me a sample!!!
Thanks buddy!!

My customers care about durablity, and to me that is the most important reason most people wax their cars. I have been using it for well over a year now, and I find it much better than the Z-2 it's replacing. Your not a waxer (well car waxer anyway) and after all your comments (yes I do read them all) you do not need a product with durabilty, or so you say, so there is no need for you to try it.

Web Sitehcvind.com
Old 12-16-04, 08:44 AM   #10
hcvone
CCDV Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Campbell
Well, I for one am almost out of Z2 & am very willing to try out the new stuff Carl. And, everytime you guys improve a product, that's great!

Mike, How are you and Nancy doing?

Web Sitehcvind.com
Old 12-16-04, 09:24 AM   #11
Joel Fellman
Club Historian

Joel Fellman is an unknown quantity at this point
Question

OK, let me get this straight. "IF" I ever decide to go the Zaino route (which I'm still not convinced to do), I should 1st apply ZFX Flash Cure Acccelorator, then use the Z-2 PRO? Is that all or do I need to use an existing wax remover & some paint protector & ???. If it's just a 2 step process, then "maybe" I'll give it a try if you all think it's worth the effort.
Any feedback? Carl? El? Bill?
Joel
Old 12-16-04, 09:41 AM   #12
hcvone
CCDV Club Member

You mix the Z-2 Pro (or old Z-2 or Z-5) with ZFX (in the supplied bottles) and apply it to your car as a one step product. You would wash your car with Dawn to remove any waxes or silicone on your car, just like you would normally wash your car, then apply your Zaino, it's really that simple Joel

Web Sitehcvind.com
Old 12-16-04, 12:00 PM   #13
YO-EL
CCDV Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hcvone

you do not need a product with durabilty, or so you say, so there is no need for you to try it.
Oh yea, well what about it's:

"- stunning optical qualities and the fact that it will provide the highest amount of shine and gloss possible and its improved optical qualities over its predecessor."

I WANT "maximum levels of shine, gloss, clarity, reflectivity, depth and optical detail."

I WANT "99.9% optical clarity" too..

Can't I get those things as it states? Or is it only going to be for guys who drive their cars daily, in all kinds or weather & who leave their car outside full time...who desire durability?

I want the best looking car I can have.
My car gets washed often so I don't care about durability.
I only care about its optical appearance.

Remember, I;m not the one washing the car or applying the product anymore.. I have 3 helper$$$..! Lets put them to work!

Get my FREE samples ready....!
Old 12-17-04, 02:37 AM   #14
hcvone
CCDV Club Member

Quote:

Oh yea, well what about it's:

"- stunning optical qualities and the fact that it will provide the highest amount of shine and gloss possible and its improved optical qualities over its predecessor."

I WANT "maximum levels of shine, gloss, clarity, reflectivity, depth and optical detail."

I WANT "99.9% optical clarity" too..

Can't I get those things as it states? Or is it only going to be for guys who drive their cars daily, in all kinds or weather & who leave their car outside full time...who desire durability?

I want the best looking car I can have.
My car gets washed often so I don't care about durability.
I only care about its optical appearance.

Remember, I;m not the one washing the car or applying the product anymore.. I have 3 helper$$$..! Lets put them to work!

Get my FREE samples ready....!

But you're not a waxer

Web Sitehcvind.com
Old 12-17-04, 05:21 AM   #15
Glennm27

Glennm27 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll be over to get some soon........

BTW Carl, I owe you about $20, I haven't forgotten my friend.

------------------------------------
Linda, "You're Forever in my Heart"
Glennm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-04, 05:35 AM   #16
YO-EL
CCDV Club Member

I'm not a waxer, but my kids are when they wash my car!
Old 12-17-04, 07:45 AM   #17
Joel Fellman
Club Historian

Wink

Yo-Yo EL:
Haven't you heard of child labor laws? Be nice to those kids or they'll haul your donkey into court & you'll be saying bye-bye to Cool-Aid! (just kidding bro)
Joel
Old 12-17-04, 07:48 AM   #18
Joel Fellman
Club Historian

Question

Carl:
Thanks for the reply! What's the cost for a bottle of each: ZFX & Z-2PRO?
Joel
Old 12-17-04, 08:23 AM   #19
hcvone
CCDV Club Member

Joel, the ZFX is $19.95 and the Z-2 Pro is the same price as the old Z-2 and that is $12.95, there is enough ZFX in the ZFX Kit to treat 2 full bottles of Zaino polish, and you should get aprox 20 applications from a bottle of Zaino polish, many Vette owners get 25-30 applications from a bottle.

Web Sitehcvind.com
Old 12-17-04, 09:26 AM   #20
YO-EL
CCDV Club Member

Don't worry Joel.. The kids are not forced to do the car..
I have to pay them...

How much does my 3 kid car wash & wax cost?

How about $20 per, for a whopping $60 each time!

Without a wash, its $10 to peel the rubber off.....
(1 kid only)
Post New Thread Reply

Tags
car, introduces, polish, pro, show, zaino