CCDV Message Board CCDV Message Board

Go Back   CCDV Message Board > Corvette Discussion > Tech Talk Ask "Slapshot" > C2 Specific Tech Talk

C2 Specific Tech Talk 1963 - 1967

Post New Thread Closed Thread

Old 06-10-06, 01:03 PM   #1
Larry P
Probationary Member

Larry P is on a distinguished road
1963 Front disc brakes

I would like to put disc brakes on the front. Appearently '65-'68 are no lunger available. SSBC makes has a package that usues Camero single piston calipers but, moves the tire foot print out 3/4." I dont have the room because I put '67 Ralley wheels on in '68.
I would appriciate any imput on this change.
Larry P
Old 06-11-06, 04:17 AM   #2
Rick and Arleen Ball
CCDV Club Member

Rick and Arleen Ball
Go to Corvette Central, Corvette America or Mid America Motorworks. You can buy everything you need to change your 63 over to front disc.
Old 06-12-06, 11:10 AM   #3
Larry P
Probationary Member

I have contacted the majority of the parts houses and was told that there problems with this conversion. In the late 60's I put '67 Ralley Wheels on, and about ten years ago I put 265/65rx15 tires on. Everything clears perfectly. I have been told the foot print of the wheel will move outward 3/4". I've got about 1" clearance now. The car went through it's lastest make-over 3 year ago, had the car over 40 years, and thas just to close. SSBC has a package that uses Camaro single piston calipers, they won't leak like the 4 piston calipers due, it moves the wheel out 3/4". I'm just searching for what is out there.
Thanks, Larry
Old 06-20-06, 06:02 AM   #4
BarryK

BarryK is on a distinguished road
Hi Larry

I'd recommend contacting Vette Brakes & Products.
http://www.vbandp.com/default.aspx
They specialize in brakes and suspensions for Corvettes, especially on the C1/C2/C3 cars although they cover all years.

I'd call them on their product info number 727-345-5292 and tell them what you have and what you want to do and they will be able to recommend what parts you will need and should be able to tell you what problems or issues you will come across if any.

I know of many, many people that use these guys and I've heard nothing but good things about them and their products.

I hope this helps you.
Old 06-23-06, 11:45 AM   #5
Larry P
Probationary Member

Barry,
Thank you for Vette Brakes and Products tip. I have contacted them and they seemed to be able to help me.
Thanks, Larry
Post New Thread Closed Thread

Tags
1963, brakes, disc, front