CCDV Message Board CCDV Message Board

Go Back   CCDV Message Board > General Discussion > Off Topic

Off Topic This is the place to discuss non-Corvette related topics. But, please do keep things clean and civil. Off Topic does not mean anything goes!

Post New Thread Reply

Old 08-09-06, 09:37 AM   #1
Ron
CCDV Club Member

Ron is an unknown quantity at this point
York Road (Rt.263) Bucks County (FYI)

FYI...
If you are travling in the area of York Road in Bucks County you may want to avoid York Road (north bound) between Street Road and Bristol Road. They are doing road construction and have been cutting the concrete surface. The problem that a LOT of the vehicles are having is the wet concrete from the cutting machine is getting in the wheel wells and on the car. Very difficult to get clean. Every time we take the fire engines out of the station at Bristol and York the cleaning process begins as soon as we get back. NOT FUN AT ALL....

2002 Silver Convertible
Z06 wheels, Toyo tires, Baer d/s Rotors, VaraRam VR-B2 Z06 screens, Breathless carbon fiber power duct, 160stat, throttle body bypass, LG Motorsports Pro long tube headers high flow cats 3" siamese "X" pipe, Corsa Pace Car exhaust pro series tips, lowered on factory bolts, FE4 sway bars, Bilstein sport shocks, Lambo style doors, LED tail lights, low profile rear spoiler, Lots of chrome...
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-06, 12:56 PM   #2
JT-C6
CCDV Club Member

JT-C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ron, since I live around the corner from you on Fitch Place, I have painfully noticed this road construction daily even when it stretched all the way down to County Line & York road.

I have that to deal with along with the eternal Horsham road widening going on in Horsham. Makes it a real challenge to take C6 out on a nice day like today knowing its going to get all dirty again after its weekend wash.
Old 08-09-06, 03:08 PM   #3
Ron
CCDV Club Member

I feel your pain... Can't wait for it all to end!!!

2002 Silver Convertible
Z06 wheels, Toyo tires, Baer d/s Rotors, VaraRam VR-B2 Z06 screens, Breathless carbon fiber power duct, 160stat, throttle body bypass, LG Motorsports Pro long tube headers high flow cats 3" siamese "X" pipe, Corsa Pace Car exhaust pro series tips, lowered on factory bolts, FE4 sway bars, Bilstein sport shocks, Lambo style doors, LED tail lights, low profile rear spoiler, Lots of chrome...

Last edited by Ron; 08-09-06 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-09-06, 04:43 PM   #4
Rick and Arleen Ball
CCDV Club Member

Rick and Arleen Ball
You shouldn't have those problems with wet conctete in your wheelwells or anywhere else on your vehicles.

Proper measures are not being taken to prevent this situation. The Township Engineering Dept. should be notified.
Rick and Arleen Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-06, 06:25 AM   #5
bluenite

bluenite
Looking for info on Macungie Car show

Does anyone know when the Street rod and classic show is being held up at
Macungie,It may have already happened, not sure..If you have info on the date(s) please pass it along..Thanks
bluenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-06, 07:23 AM   #6
GoVetteGo
CCDV Club Member

GoVetteGo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenite
Does anyone know when the Street rod and classic show is being held up at
Macungie,It may have already happened, not sure..If you have info on the date(s) please pass it along..Thanks
Got this off the "Wheels Of Time" website

08/25-08/27 WHEELS OF TIME ROD & CUSTOM JAMBOREE, Macungie Memorial Park, Route 100, Macungie PA
Wheels of Time Street Rod Association http://www.wheelsoftime.org

John
GoVetteGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-06, 10:16 AM   #7
pro69

Hey Ron, I had this problem near my house recently and I have that same problem with the wet concrete, HOW DO YOU CLEAN IT OFF?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 08-10-06, 03:57 PM   #8
Ron
CCDV Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro69
Hey Ron, I had this problem near my house recently and I have that same problem with the wet concrete, HOW DO YOU CLEAN IT OFF?!?!?!?!?!?!?
As I said we have been washing the fire engines as soon as they return to the station. I'm not really sure, maybe Glenn or Mark would know the best way. (Don't use a grinder... )

2002 Silver Convertible
Post New Thread Reply

Tags
bucks, county, fyi, road, rt263, york