CCDV Message Board CCDV Message Board

Go Back   CCDV Message Board > Activities and Events > Racing

Post New Thread Reply

Old 08-07-05, 01:59 AM   #1
Tony B.96LT4
CCDV Club Member

Tony B.96LT4 is an unknown quantity at this point
ETown Results Aug. 6th

Had a nice crowd from the CCDV racers today. El, Jerry, Neil, Doug, Laura, Edgar, Rob, myself and non points racer Jim Bole and his son Devon. Laura's hubby Buzz and Rose rounded out the team. Track was not in the best of shape because of all the steet tired cars from the AM session. That being said just two of us from the CCDV made it into the second round. Edgar and me. Edgar's opponent in the first round went red so Edgar pushed the tree and got a perfect light, .000! Way to go Edgar! I was running a Z06 in round 1. I cut a good light and my opponent had to chase me down, but broke out in doing so. Round 2 saw both Edgar and I go red. Event winner was John Panuzzo.

From the morning session:
Jerry AKA Boogieman took the top honors in the Vette Show and Go. Glenn went to the semi's against Jerry and lost but placed second in the Show part of the event. Bob Rosenberg and Steve Magaurah also took home trophies in the Show only part.

Oh and Dougs son Andrew took some great pictures of a ZR1 doing an impression of a U-boat. This happened at the autocross portion of the Show and go! Post those pics young man!

OK guys, Chime in!
Old 08-07-05, 02:46 AM   #2
jim4242
CCDV Club Member

jim4242 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the update, Devon ran extremely consistent through out the day, needs to work on the lights. His first round lost traction for the first time, just got beat. I was being Fairly consistent and my lights are getting much better. My first round I don,t know where it came from but I turned in my best time ever and broke out. Great day it was neat. Would have liked to stay for support mof all but we were beat especially me. Ten hours in that sun and heat was enough for us. We just flew home and jumped in the pool. Next time we will get em.
jim4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-05, 03:19 AM   #3
Glennm27

Glennm27 is an unknown quantity at this point
I went RED against Jerry in the Show N Go Semi Finals. It was fun going all those rounds in that session but I was worn out and decided I had beat up on the car enough for one day and elected NOT to run the challenge.

I also won 2nd place in my division in the SHOW part of the Show N Go event....

Congrats Jerry on winning the "J" class of the GO part of the event.

Congrats to Bob, Steve & Sue, & Jerry for their wins in the SHOW part of the event.

Pretty good CCDV Showing Saturday....

Neil, thanks for bringing my tires. It was fun hangin with you all morning and afternoon.....

Thanks too to Mark (carboman) for all the inspiration, tips and help in the pits... Mark was helping me dial in all day....

------------------------------------
Linda, "You're Forever in my Heart"
Glennm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-05, 05:01 AM   #4
fuzzyfine

fuzzyfine
Had a lot of fun yesterday. It was a long day. My little "Black Beauty" held up very well. It was GREAT hanging with everyone.

I got into the 2nd round of the Show N Go class J. My youthful exuberance caused a .003 red light . My opponet dialed in 3 seconds slower.These kids today have no patience

Had an early exit in the Corvette Challenge. Good tree, great 60', when it came time to shift into 4th gear-that part of my brain shut down, again. Anybody know a good hypnotist

Hopefully, when I grow up I'll get it right

Congrats to Jerry on winning our class in the Show N Go Congrats to Glenn to reaching the finals against Jerry
Congrats to all of our winners in the Show N Go
fuzzyfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-05, 05:18 AM   #5
Glennm27

Quote:
Originally posted by fuzzyfine
.................................................. ...., when it came time to shift into 4th gear-that part of my brain shut down, again. Anybody know a good hypnotist

I do . Dr. Hurst..........

Old 08-07-05, 05:30 AM   #6
jim4242
CCDV Club Member

jim4242 is an unknown quantity at this point
It was great watching Jerry and Glenn throughout the early session, the team work, consistency, jesting. sportsmanship,etc. was a great thing to see. Their final runs were awsome up to the last, congrats to them both they were top class.
Congrats also to all in the show part of the day. Thanks also to Tony for always making new racers feel welcome. CCDV is a great group of people, I am looking forward to the next event.
jim4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-05, 12:13 PM   #7
boogieman

boogieman
As the post above mentions, I definately had a very nice day. Cut some excellent lights and consistent times running of the bottle in the morning. Got my first Gold Eliminator sticker which are hard to come by. In the Corvette Challenge I switched to a full bottle and made one time shot, which I ran @ 11.89. Made a couple of other time shots without the bottle and the car ran 12.7 which is about right where the car normally runs on a hot day. First round elimination run I went red and it was all over for me, but the car ran a lower et of 11.78 which is nice to know that the car can run a lower number as the temps drop. Neil thanks for bringing the tires down and assuring that Tony got me a Tech card when he arrived for the PM session. Rose for being Rose. Glenn an Doug and Carbon Man for thier support and encouragement. Bob Rosenburg's car look awesome in the Show! I will be sending you some pics. Its great to hear your comments when you see a driver either running great or if there is something unusual that you think is worth mentioning. Its is all good as they say. Congrats to all winners in the first rounds, and those that participated in the Show and GO. This year I am really off on points since I missed a number of events and also because of the fact that I can't seem to make it pass first round. Well thats "Drag Racing"
boogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-05, 01:21 PM   #8
carboman
CCDV Club Member

carboman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Congrats all around for a great day. It was my first trip to "E" Town in over 20 years.

Jerry, Great job in the morning session. You were about as consistant as anybody I've ever seen.

Glenn, I think there's some improvement left in your ride. Let me fiddle with the tire pressures and I bet we can get you to 12.4 or better.

Neil, I've never seen a street car launch better. Glenn is right in that a Hurst or B&M shifter will make all the difference for you.

Thanks to all for a great time.

Best regards,
Mark
Married to the greatest woman in the world
carboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-05, 02:03 AM   #9
Glennm27

Quote:
Originally posted by jwbbbb@comcast.
.................................................. ......................................... Thanks also to Tony for always making new racers feel welcome. CCDV is a great group of people, I am looking forward to the next event.
It was great to see you out for a return visit to the Corvette Challenge and it was really cool to see your boys there along with you!

Hope you keep hanging with us. Always nice to have more friends come along and enjoy the racing.

See you at the next event in September.

Old 08-12-05, 12:59 PM   #10
Glennm27

Re: ETown Results Aug. 6th

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony B.96LT4
.................................................. .................................................. ............................... Oh and Dougs son Andrew took some great pictures of a ZR1 doing an impression of a U-boat. This happened at the autocross portion of the Show and go! Post those pics young man!

Here are a few I found from the ZR1 lake launch.

You guys do realize Mercury Marine had a lot to do with the ZR1's engine..

Click for picture 1

Old 08-12-05, 02:37 PM   #11
REDGAR
CCDV Club Member

REDGAR is an unknown quantity at this point
Click for my pictures from Aug 6 and 7
Old 08-13-05, 04:10 AM   #12
Al Betz
CCDV Club Member

Al Betz
Looks like everyone had a great time except at the autocross.

Sorry I missed it see everyone at the next event.
Al Betz is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply

Tags
6th, aug, etown, results