CCDV Message Board

CCDV Message Board (http://www.ccdv.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.ccdv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   It finally arrived (http://www.ccdv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6789)

Stone Crusher 07-20-09 04:39 PM

It finally arrived
 
I picked up the the car from Bryner's on Thursday afternoon. The drive home, 35 miles, was great. It was good to be back in the saddle again. Friday was wash and wax day and painted the calipers on Saturday. Life is good!

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...t/IMG_0030.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...t/IMG_0037.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...t/IMG_0047.jpg

Silver O Six 07-20-09 05:16 PM

Hot looking car! The very best in luck and lots of fun with it!!!;aw

Bob Weiss 07-20-09 05:22 PM

Gorgeous !! Good luck and many happy miles !!

Bob

Glennm27 07-20-09 05:33 PM

Hooray and Congratulations..... ;bc

With plenty of summer time left too.............. ;bt

Have Fun & Be Safe...

I haven't seen a paper temp tag in years.....

hcvone 07-20-09 06:14 PM

SC, congrats and best of luck with your new ride. :)

carboman 07-20-09 08:32 PM

Congrats on the new ride. Since you already painted your calipers what's the second MOD going to be?

Glennm27 07-20-09 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboman (Post 57752)
Congrats on the new ride. Since you already painted your calipers what's the second MOD going to be?

Maybe lowering the front a tad.....
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...t/IMG_0047.jpg

YO-EL 07-20-09 09:23 PM

drag radials & a line lock, disable TC and you're all set for E-town.

carboman 07-20-09 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennm27 (Post 57754)
Maybe lowering the front a tad.....
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...t/IMG_0047.jpg

It does look a bit like a 4x4 in the front. Should settle a bit with some miles.

Stone Crusher 07-20-09 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcvone (Post 57742)
SC, congrats and best of luck with your new ride. :)


Carl, I need some Z2, Z6 and 6 of your microfiber towels. I'll paypal the money tomorrow. I'd like to pick it up at your place, like I did last time. If it's ok, I'll email you for the directions.

Thanks, Bud

Stone Crusher 07-20-09 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboman (Post 57752)
Congrats on the new ride. Since you already painted your calipers what's the second MOD going to be?

I'll start with tinted windows, black out lens, roof and halo painted black. I'll give it awhile to see if the ride height settles, then its to Phoenix Performance for a proper alignment. After that who knows!

Rick and Arleen Ball 07-21-09 04:06 AM

Beautiful C-6!
I'm Really liking that Silver.
Good Luck with it.
Rick

hcvone 07-21-09 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stone Crusher (Post 57757)
Carl, I need some Z2, Z6 and 6 of your microfiber towels. I'll paypal the money tomorrow. I'd like to pick it up at your place, like I did last time. If it's ok, I'll email you for the directions.

Thanks, Bud

Let me know what is good for you, we will be back early tomorrow (Wednesday) , thank you

jacques 07-21-09 07:47 AM

Beautiful! Enjoy your new ride.

Glennm27 07-21-09 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboman (Post 57756)
It does look a bit like a 4x4 in the front. Should settle a bit with some miles.

That front is not going anywhere on its own. (at least not in the first 5 years)

SC, I am sure you know this, but it never hurts to mention, if you have any intentions of lowering that front, be sure to do it before Kurt puts it on the alignment rack...

These cars are ALL shipped nose high for the ease of loading and unloading on the trucks out of Bowling Green. Very easily brought down once home.

PS I love this car... They look so nice in Silver and I can't wait to see the car after the rollover hoop and roof are painted black. THAT should be awesome. Great idea. ;bt

Stone Crusher 07-21-09 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennm27 (Post 57772)
That front is not going anywhere on its own. (at least not in the first 5 years)

SC, I am sure you know this, but it never hurts to mention, if you have any intentions of lowering that front, be sure to do it before Kurt puts it on the alignment rack...

These cars are ALL shipped nose high for the ease of loading and unloading on the trucks out of Bowling Green. Very easily brought down once home.

PS I love this car... They look so nice in Silver and I can't wait to see the car after the rollover hoop and roof are painted black. THAT should be awesome. Great idea. ;bt


Glenn, the car was up on my lift from Thursday night to Sunday morning while I did the calipers, etc. I backed it out of the garage and took the pics without driving it on the road. I'm hoping it will settle a little bit more once I drive it. I did notice that all of my other cars, 96, 99 and 08 scraped the air deflector when pulling into the driveway, this one doesn’t. Anyone know if there is a spec for the ride height?

TheKomoman 07-21-09 02:56 PM

Very pretty, congrats!! :cool:

That definitely looks way high and I suspect you're right about things being stretched a bit while you had the wheels off to do the calipers. Neither my '06 or '08Z was anywhere near that high and neither was my buddy's '08. My '06 is Z51 and I know that rides a little lower, but that pic she's definitely reared back. I remember comparing a standard suspension '07 to my Z51 and it rode almost an inch higher.

Anyway, congrats and enjoy the hell out of it!

Glennm27 07-21-09 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stone Crusher (Post 57774)
Glenn, the car was up on my lift from Thursday night to Sunday morning while I did the calipers, etc. I backed it out of the garage and took the pics without driving it on the road. I'm hoping it will settle a little bit more once I drive it.

;bt
Knowing that, I can guarantee you it will settle down after a short drive to where it was before you lifted it. One launch and one brake application and it will be as far down as it will get without using tools, but it will come down some......

Ed Bonk 07-21-09 08:34 PM

Great looking car. Congrats & good luck with it.

Mike Campbell 07-22-09 08:13 AM

Sweeet....enjoy your new ride! ;bt


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.